Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pinterest

"Someday, we'll all find out that Pinterest is a conspiracy created by a group of men who are tricking women everywhere into cooking, cleaning, and working out."

Guess where I found that funny quote?  Pinterest, of course!  You can add to the end of that 'decorating classrooms, creating fun activities, and sharing lesson ideas' for all of the educators out there.

Yes, Pinterest can consume a colossal amount of time, especially if you aren't searching for anything in particular.  However, it can be extremely helpful when you have a specific topic in mind.  Throughout the last school year, I would search for the topics that we were covering in Science (plants, the moon, water cycle).  We were able to integrate some of these ideas into our lessons, which gave them a fresh, new twist.  The students really enjoyed the hands-on, crafty activities we incorporated.  

Pinterest will continue to be one of the first places I look for lesson activities and ideas.  The NPS Pinterest Boards are a fantastic place to check out what our colleagues are doing in their rooms! 

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Men conspiring to get women to do things! Funny! Pinterest is one of the first places I look for lesson ideas. I'm glad to be part of Panther Pinners too...so many good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was a funny quote! I think we need a conspiracy to get men to do some things around the house! :-)

    Yes, Panther Pinners is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked "your hook" at the beginning of your blog! I laughed out loud:) I remember hearing about Pinterest a year ago and can't believe how much it has taken off...recently I just started looking there for some fresh new ideas on "back to school" activities, instead of the same worksheets I use year, after year! Oh and how can we forget about those famous crockpot recipes you found that "ooohed and ahhhed" us all:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your intro Kelly, sounds like something we would day at lunch! I know you have used Pinterest for some time because I have used the ideas you have shared with us during Science PLC's. Now I won't have to mooch off of you anymore since I now officially have my own account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I wish I could get my husband to clean more too, I don't mind the cooking, just wish someone else would clean up after me! I like the ideas you have shared in Science, and even repinned some of them! I look forward to working with you again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Quote! Unfortunately for them, now women are just looking at ways to cook, clean, and the only thing working out is our fingers. I agree there are so many good ideas that can be used to freshen things up. Sometimes the teachers need to do something new, too.

    ReplyDelete